All hall desks will close at 9 p.m. on Thursday, December 23 and remain closed until Sunday, December 26, 2021. Desks will be closed on weekends during winter break and will begin winter break hours on Monday, December 27, 2021. All hall desks will resume academic year hours on Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
Students may contact University Housing for assistance in retrieving items from their assigned room during winter break (December 26 – January 19). Staff members will provide access into the room for the student or their designee if they are unable to enter the residence hall due to isolation or quarantine protocols. Phone 608-262-9743 to arrange this service Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
If a student entering isolation or quarantine is unable to immediately remove all their needed belongings by 8 p.m. the day of their notification, they may:
- Request red laundry cart(s) by contacting the Isolation Housing Hub at 608-262-9743 or emailing email@example.com. Staff will deliver laundry cart(s) to a student’s room to pack.
- Students will pack their belongings in the red laundry cart and leave the loaded cart locked in their assigned residence hall room. Students are strongly advised NOT to leave valuable items behind but to take those items with them.
- Once packed, students should clearly label each cart(s) with their name, room/house/hall, email, phone number, and if desired, a designee who may pick up their belongings.
- Students are encouraged to create an itemized list of all belongings in the cart(s).
- Labeled and packed cart(s) should remain locked in the student’s assigned residence hall room until someone they designate can retrieve the items after 24 hours. Students may retrieve their own items only after their quarantine or isolation period is over.
Note: University Housing is not able to offer secured, private storage outside of the residence hall room.
- Must either wait until the conclusion of their isolation/quarantine period (possibly delaying travel plans or may require returning to campus later)
— OR —
- They may identify a designee to pack up their belongings for them.
Naming a Designee to Pick-up or Pack Belongings
To name a designee, students should email firstname.lastname@example.org from their @wisc.edu account granting permission to a specific, named individual permitted to retrieve their belongings. Designees may be asked to show proof of identification with photo ID.
Note: to mitigate risk of COVID-19 exposure, designees should pick-up or pack 24 hours after the student has entered quarantine or isolation. Facial coverings are required at all times in the UW-Madison University Residence Halls by designees.